There are certain files or folders that mostly or say frequently used by us. This files and folders are added to an entity called Favorites. Windows user might see the favorite’s entity in the left pane or navigation pane of Windows explorer. This entity comes in handy when you need to open your mostly accessed items easily with a click. But, favorite can risk your data if you have multiple users on your system and can even risk your privacy. Here is the tutorial how you can add or remove Favorites from the Navigation Pane of Windows 8.Although favorite is important entity but still some users might think it as a threat to their personal life or privacy. Favorites consists Downloads, Desktop, Recent Places and folders that are accessed the most. Favorites also allow you to add other folders like SkyDrive or any cloud storage. Here is how you can to Add or Remove Favorites from the Navigation Pane of Windows 8.
How to Add or Remove Favorites from the Navigation Pane
Follow the steps given below to Turn on /off Favorites from the Navigation Pane of Windows 8:
- Press Windows key + C to open Windows Charms Bar
- Select Search charm and click on Settings option in the left pane
- Next, type Folder Options
- In Folder option window that opens, hit General tab, under navigation pane sub heading there is an option called Navigation Pane
- Here, simply check the box beside to enable showing favorites and click Apply and hit OK.
- You can now see that the Navigation pane displays Favorites
- To deactivate Favorites from Navigation pane, follow the steps but uncheck the option Show favorites
You can see that the Favorites tab has disappeared.
Upon following the steps described you can now easily add or remove Favorites from the Navigation Pane of Windows 8.