The most talked about OS Windows 8, by now you all might be quite aware of the latest feature added and the replacement brought out in the new OS. But, there are still some hidden tricks and features embedded in it that almost many users are clueless about the existing features. Microsoft has exclusively added DirectX 11.1 in Windows 8 to get to the next step in 3D gaming’s or DirectX will be a treat for the PC gamers. But, DirectX has another important added feature that is it has the ability to diagnose Windows 8 and put forth the culprits behind any problems on the system along with the solutions to fix the issues. Here is the tutorial how you can run a diagnostic on DirectX in Windows 8.
The metro style live tile interface has caught a lot of attention. DirectX will bring out the best in games and other multimedia. Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for better graphics and multimedia experience on your system. It handles tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms. This enables you to enjoy games that are Microsoft-based and also allows them to run smoothly on your system.
However, you can run a diagnostic on DirectX in Windows 8. It surfaces all the multimedia related hidden features before you.
Steps to run a diagnostic on DirectX in Windows 8
- Firstly, we need to bring up the diagnostic tool for DirectX in Windows 8, to do so type DXDiag on the metro start screen search box
- From the results that appears in the lef6t pane, click DXDiag under the Apps selection
- Now you get a pop-up prompting you to check if your drivers are digitally signed. Digitally signed drivers ensure that you are using the most recent ones from a legal or a trusted source
- Click Yes to proceed to the next step
- Once you have approved the pop-up, you can see diagnostic running. The process is really fast
- DirectX Diagnostic tool appears and the first tab you see is the System setup
- This tab provides information about your computer along with the background by verifying the components and drivers
- Next, click the Display tab
- Here you can view what’s disabled as far as DirectX features. It also informs you about any kind of issues prevailing on your system and what they are if they exist.
- Next, go to Sound 1. Depending upon the sound channels available on the system, it would display the Sound tab as Sound 1 and a Sound 2. This provides information regarding the action of DirectX on your system sound drivers on any channels available on your system. If any problem exists it would be displayed in the box under Notes heading
- The last one is the Input tab
- This will diagnose all the input devices connected to your system i.e. mouse, keyboard and USB devices. Issues are reported, if any.
Whenever it detects any problems, you are provided with the information about it and can use the same to resolve the issue or troubleshoot it or you can manually fix this issue.
With DirectX Diagnostic tool you get to know about its functioning as well as any issues that may arise with its interaction with your computer.
Running a diagnostic on DirectX in Windows 8 helps you to determine and fix the issue that may be arise due to certain fault in your system graphics, not only that it also allows you to troubleshoot the problem that is difficult to recognize and you can fix them easily. Though diagnostic does not fix issues, but it definitely provides you the solutions to resolve the issues and also ensures that DirectX works flawlessly in Windows 8.