Many users out there have been complaining about width of scroll bar. In Windows sometimes you might be facing trouble with scroll bar or you simply wish to increase the scroll bar width. Here is the tutorial how you can change the size or width of the scroll-bar for your user account in Windows 8 for easier access.
Scroll bar is used to scroll down or across a window. At times when the window size doesn’t fit to the window screen, then the scrollbar comes into effect. Using Scrollbar you can scroll the window that is not visible. Here is the tutorial how you can adjust the size of scrollbar in Windows 8 according to your suitability for easier access.
Steps to Change or Adjust Scrollbar Width Size in Windows 8
- Open Run dialog box by holding down Windows key + R keys and type in regedit, and hit Enter. This will open Windows Registry
- Upon prompted by UAC, click on Yes
- In the registry, navigate to following location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
- In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click on ScrollHeight
- In the window that opens (EDIT DWORD), in the value data field enter a data value between -120 to -1500, and hit OK
The higher the value, the wider is the scrollbar and vice versa.
- Next, double click on ScrollWidth in the right pane of WindowMetrics
- In EDIT DWORD window, enter the same data value as entered for “ScrollHeight” and click OK
- Now close Windows Registry Editor.
To apply the changes successfully, sign out and sign in back to your user account. Open file explorer and you can find that the scroll bar width has been changed. The default value for scroll width is the -225.
If you are interested in increasing or reducing the Scrollbar width, follow the tutorial above to achieve a desired scroll-bar width that is easier for you to access in Windows 8.