Windows 8 has added many interesting feature to Windows 8, start screen and Windows App store are one among them. But, sometimes the Apps and the tiles fail to respond. Windows store automatically notifies you upon encountering any problem with the installation of the app and tries to fix the problem. If the store also fails to respond and fix Metro Store apps and tiles, then here is the tutorial how you can fix tiles that do not open, work, or respond in Windows 8.
Steps to Fix – Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding
- Firstly, try running Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and for this must be signed in with admin privilege so that you can run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. This tool can automatically detect and resolve problems with apps. You can also set it to automatic mode to attempt and repair any found issues.
- If you get to see error like Cannot Use Built-in Elevated Administrator Account, then the Store apps will not work. Here you need to sign in using a Microsoft account
- To use Apps you need to sign in a Microsoft Account or the store so that you can download and install apps from the Store in Windows 8 PC.
- To run the Store and apps you need to set the screen resolution to a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- To enable the live tile updates, install, or update Store apps in Windows 8, you need to have an active internet connection.
- User Account Control must be enabled
- Upon installing any app, if you get an error prompting Your purchase couldn’t be completed in Store, then you need to cancel the current download and make sure that the Windows Update service is enabled.
- Most of times it is the Windows firewall that prevent you from installing and using any Store apps. So make sure the firewall is disabled and try the download again.
- If you have trusted Antivirus Program installed in your system, then it may also be the culprit behind this issue. So if the App is an not trusted one, then the Antivirus Program will prevent the App from running.
- Correct Time and Date is also responsible to download any App in the system. You should always set time and date set on your PC, then sync with internet time.
These are some ways to fix the issue when Apps and Tiles fails to respond or work in Windows 8.