With the advent of the Microsoft new Operating System Windows 8 it has become the most talked about nowadays. There are lots of latest features that are included in the OS. One such feature is Automatic Maintenance that makes frequent checks for software updates. But, many users don’t find it to be that useful. So, here is the tutorial how to disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 8.
One of the latest features among all the latest features is Automatic Maintenance. This features checks for software updates, system diagnostics and security scanning tasks, automatically on a very regular basis. Having this option assures you that your system maintenance tasks are performed at regular intervals at a particular time when you’re not around and the system is sitting idle.
Although it’s useful, but there are some users who don’t find Automatic Maintenance useful or don’t want to checks for software updates, system diagnostics etc. So, here is how you can disable this feature.
Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 8
- Press Windows key + W to bring up the search box
- Next, type in schedule tasks and click on Setting
- Click on the icon that appears in the results
- You will now have a task scheduler window in front of you in the screen. Under the window, in the left pane you can select the task, while the center pane has the information regarding the selected task and the right pane contains additional relevant actions
- In this window look for Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > TaskScheduler
- Now, right-click on Regular Maintenance from the center pane and click Disable and exit from this window.
Upon following all the steps described above you can no more see any automatic updates as the Automatic Maintenance is disabled.
If you want to disable the Automatic Maintenance in Windows 8, then follow the tutorial described above.