The notifications are useful as it notifies us time to time about latest updates and other important things. But it can be annoying if it remains open for a long time. Here is the tutorial about how you can adjust the time for which the notification stays open in Windows 8 before automatically closing in your user account.
You can see the Toast notifications as balloon type notifications appearing at the themed bar in the uppermost right corner of the main display to allow a Metro app to communicate with the user whether the user is in another app, on the Start screen, on the desktop, or on the lock screen.
Steps to change How Long Notifications Stay Open with Ease of Access Center
- First open the Control Panel in icons view and click on the Ease of Access Center icon.
- Next, either click on Use the computer without a display or Make it easier to focus on tasks link
- Now, scroll down to the option How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open and click the drop down arrow menu
- Here select for how long you want the notification to be displayed on screen and hit OK
- Close the Ease of Access Center.
Once you have applied the changes you will find that the visual effects settings are reset back to default automatically. So, you need to set your visual effects settings again.
Change How Long Notifications Stay Open using PC settings
Alternate way to change How Long Notifications Stay Open using PC settings
- First open PC settings and click on Ease of Access in the left pane
- In the right pane, click on Show notifications for drop down menu
- Here you can select how many seconds you want the notification to be displayed
- Once done with the settings, close PC settings.
You can now see that you notifications are displayed only for the time interval you have selected.
Upon following the steps above you can now Change the time or How Long Notifications Stay Open in Windows 8.