Do you see several Windows 8 OS Volumes at Startup? This is due to multiple re-installations of OS. This can happen knowingly or unknowingly. Most often due to negligence of users multiple Windows 8 volumes are created. Here is the tutorial how you can fix the issue on Windows 8.
One fine day you opened your PC but to your utter surprise you get to see multiple volumes on Startup. If you are novice, then you must be really amazed and feel helpless. Here are some troubleshooting steps to get this issue fixed on Windows 8.
Steps to Fix – Windows 8 shows OS Volumes at Startup
- First go to safe mode using F8 key when the logo appears on screen. In the safe mode, go to device manager and update all the system drivers. If installation of new drivers is needed, download it from manufacturer’s website.
- Try scanning your system using Microsoft security Essential. Some malware infection can lead to this kind of situation. So, better run a full system scan to get rid of virus on the system.
- Open Run dialog using Win + R and type in cmd and run it as Admin or Press Win + X and select Command prompt (Admin) and type in sfc/scannow. This will start scanning your system and fix the corrupted system files.
- You can also opt Automatic Repair on Windows 8 OS. Open advanced start menu and select Automatic Repair. This will scan the system and fixes all errors on the system or HDD.
- If the OS is reinstall multiple times then you need to clean the whole of HDD and reset the partitions.
- Or you can go for repair Install if you have Windows 8 CD/DVD.
Hopefully, the steps described here will help you fixing issues with multiple OS Volumes at startup.
The tutorial here is all about how to get rid of multiple OS Volumes at Windows 8 startup.