As discussed in the in the earlier posts, Toast notifications are balloon type notifications. This appears as in the upper right corner of the screen. It allows a Store app to communicate with the user whether the user is in another app, on the Start screen, on the desktop, or on the lock screen. Today we will be discussing about how you can turn email notifications on or off for specific accounts in your Mail app in Windows 8.
Steps to Turn Email Notifications On or Off for Mail App in Windows 8
- Firstly, open the Mail app from the Start screen
- Being in the Mail app, Press Windows + C to open the Charms bar, and click on Settings
- In the Settings tab, click on Accounts
- Click on the email account for which you want to turn email notifications on or off
- If you want to Turn On Email Notifications for the selected Email Account in Mail app, go to Show email notifications for this account option and drag the slider to the right. This will turn it on
- To Turn Off Email Notifications for this Email Account in Mail app, under the option mentioned earlier simply drag the slider to the left to turn it off
Similarly you can repeat the steps to change the settings for the other mail apps too.
Once you have successfully completed the steps click anywhere in the Mail app to close the accounts settings flyout and close the Mail app.
Now you might receive your Email notifications based upon your settings.
Upon following the tutorial here you can now Turn Email Notifications On or Off for Mail App in Windows 8.